Frequently Asked Questions

Home » Municipal Information » Frequently Asked Questions

What is the Village mailing address?

Summer Village of Val Quentin
Box 3115, Spruce Grove, AB  T7X 3A4 

What are our village office hours?

Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call 780.668-3182

When are Council meetings?

Regular Council meetings are held the third Wednesday monthly at 7:00 p.m.

Where are Council Meetings Held?

Council Meetings are held at the Sunset Point Building, Sunset Point.  Hybrid meetings are currently being held virtually via ZOOM.

Does my dog require a license?

No, but please recognize that control of your pets and responsible pet ownership is needed to make our community enjoyable for all our residents and visitors. The Bylaw 197 Animal Control defines regulations surrounding animals within the village boundaries.

What is the population of Val Quentin?

We are a community of approximately 158 residents living in 160 dwellings according to the 2021 Population Census.

If I am building or renovating, do I need a building permit?

Development in the Summer Village of Val Quentin requires a permit to be obtained. This pertains to the following:

  • Construction or excavation, in, on, over, or under land
  • In the making of any change/alterations in the use of any building: also included in this is the removal of top soil; the demolition of a building, the digging of a well or installation of a water cistern, erection of a tarped garage and operating a home-based business.

For all development questions, Development Permits, and Compliance Certificates please contact:

Mr. Tony Sonnleitner
Box 2945
Stony Plain, Alberta
T7Z 1X9

Phone: 780-718-5479
Fax: 866-363-3342

When are Tax and Assessment notices mailed?

The combined tax and assessment notice is mailed annually in early May of each year.

When are my Property Taxes due?

Property taxes are due by June 30 annually. A monthly tax payment plan is available.

For additional information and topics please browse our website under the appropriate heading.